Doug Hewitt has written a variety of genres, from a murder mystery (The Dead Guy) to a suspense thriller (SPEAR). Doug is a rarity in that he has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and has served in the US Marine Corps. He has bicycled from Michigan to Cape Cod and has jumped out of an airplane. From his experiences, he has crafted outstanding fiction that will keep you glued to the pages.
Published Works of Doug Hewitt
- Spear (novel), May 2002, Sands Publishing
- Slipstream (novella), March 2004, Scrybe Press
- The Dead Guy (novel), July 2010, Aberdeen Bay Publishing
Short stories published in the following anthologies:
- 100 Wicked Little Witch Stories
- The Dead Inn
- More Monsters from Memphis
- Asylum 3: The Quiet Ward
100+ short stories published in various magazines such as Plot, Apex Science Fiction & Horror Digest, Delirium, and Zero Gravity Freefall.
- The Practical Guide to Weekend Parenting, September 2006, Hatherleigh Press
- The Joyous Gift of Grandparenting, May 2008, Hatherleigh Press
- Microsoft Word 2007 for Beginners, October 2009, Champion Writers, Inc.
- Free College Resource Book, December 2009, Prufrock Press
- Learning New Techniques with Microsoft Word 2010, January 2010, Champion Writers, Inc.
- Get Into College in 3 Months or Less, December 2010, Profrock Press
The Dead Guy
- Honorable mention from the Public Writers Safety Association for novel published
- Gold medal winner from the Independent Publishers Book Awards for best regional fiction
Brief Synopsis of Dominion
Dominion is a 107,000-word novel in which Catholicism spreads to the Moon with the creation of the Lunar See, the Moon declares independence and forms a new federation (Federation of Island Republics, Entrepreneurs, and Independent Colonists Everywhere, also known as FIRE and ICE), and the first battle in space is fought.
Dominion chronicles the fight for dominance is space between Dominion Off-Earth Resources (DOER) and Pettit Space Industries (PSI). Doug Pettit from PSI and Jess Thibideau from DOER drive the action of this storyline. Although they do not meet until halfway through the novel and are initially rivals, they fall in love at the end.
Follow me on Twitter! @StinkyUniverse